Thursday, April 3, 2008

JPII

Hey guys...so encouraging to receive feedback from so many of you! Seems I was right on the number of hours you spend online :) Thought I'd tell you that my plan is to update my blog every other day since I work on a day-in, day-out shift basis. Anyway, thats just for your info.

Not many might have known that yesterday, 2nd April, was the 3rd anniversary from the death of JPII (Pope John Paul II). Some of you might have read an article online or perhaps watched the news ;) about the lastest developments in the process of his beatification. Incidentally, yesterday evening I happened to watch a programme on RAI about the last days of the Pope's life. In an interview broadcast during the programme with Navarro Valls, who was the director of the Vatican's Press Office, he spoke about the Pope's courage to dedicate his life to Jesus & spread His message of love at all costs, even when his (the Pope's) strength had left him completely. He recalled how a day before he passed away, he indicated to those around him that he wanted
them to read out the stations of the cross for him to pray - something I got to know he did in prayer every Friday, from the days he was in the seminary. Navarro Valls said that the Pope would just move on with his mission, no matter how he felt or how frail he was. His physical strength, he said, was secondary to his mission. What a role model! So much for us all to learn from. Let's be honest... how many of us at times just don't feel like praying for example, or just use shyness as an excuse to make friends with someone that we could eventually lead to Jesus? - anyone for honest feedback?

Oh well...let's pray for JPII's intercession, that we too like him, may live every moment of our lives dedicated to the cause that makes a life truly worth living: that of making Jesus' love known to the world. Gbu.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Incidentally, during my religion lesson today we were discussing the attitudes of Popes and how it refelcted in their encyclicals. It made me think about JPII and how I could use the knowledge he shared. Anyway, I guess that its true, I do let my emotions and how i physically feel affect my prayer life and quite a lot else.
Gb
achie

. said...

its true i must admit...sometimes even i let things get in the way of my prayer life...but im tryin to stop it seriously coz i hate it >_<... and abt JPII he is an amazing role model...we should make it appoint to learn more from him!

Kevin said...

I know what u mean...I go through it myself at times. It happens to all. The important thing is our attitude towards being complacent. We just have to learn to fight it. What helps me at times is remembering that no matter what, Jesus my Lord deserves my praise & worship. He too went through the hard times - Calvary just to mention an example - but nonetheless, He pursued his mission till the very end. So kuragg girls! U're on the right track. Have a nice day...it's lovely outside :))) Going out for a drive with my wife. Gb & cu tonight at Y4J...let's praise Jesus together!!!

Zoe said...

Well i must admit things get in the way of my prayer life sometime's and i'm ashamed of it, but then i just fall to my knees and Thank Jesus for my life, even though it's not the best,He always tried to make me smile through all my pain..i just like to imagine Jesus wiping away all my tears :), and about JP II he was the best pope we ever had..

I had the honour of actually seeing him close and i think he was truely amazing :)

Gbu kev c u 2nit x

G! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G! said...

Hi kev!

So nice to have you in the blogging world! :) Yes I also happened to watch the RAI programme you mentioned in your post. It is called "La Storia Siamo Noi" and here is the video clip they broadcasted about JPII. It was called Spiro'.

http://www.lastoriasiamonoi.rai.it/pop/schedaVideo640480.aspx?id=492

Sorry for deleting the above comment but couldn't embed the video clip. Well above you have the link! :P