Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WHAT A RELAXING DAY...


Ah what a lovely day of rest & relaxation last Sunday! I'm still thinking about it & reeping its fruit till today :)

By the way, this reminds me about the importance we as Christians should give to rest in our lives. Our present Pope himself last year, in one of his Sunday speeches, spoke about rest as a time to nourish our physical and spiritual needs. More than that, Jesus Himself in the Gospels invites us to come to Him, and He will give us rest. So to all you guys who are studying right now, don't over do it...be realistic, learn from your everyday experience how best to balance out your day, and plan your time wisely. It's so easy to be continously taken up with things to do in life, so start training yourself from now. To those who go to the other extreme and leave it all for the last minute: WAKE UP! I'm curious to know whether you're the ones who get stressed with overdoing it or by panicking coz of leaving it all for the end :) ...time for a break to send your feedback :)))

For the curious ones, the highlight of my day on Sunday was lunch with my wife and friends at a restaurant overlooking Golden Bay. Then we went for a lovely walk and spent the rest of the day relaxing. Back home, we watched a lovely DVD entitled 'Amazing Grace'. For those who haven't watched it, I suggest you do...it ends with a very positive Christian message. That's all for today.
Keep close to the One who loves you most ;) KP

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I actually do a bit of both.. I start by putting it off or just a bit of casual studying here and there, then at about this time, spend hours upon hours just studying. Once I start I have a compulsive need to finish.. which is why I'm awake at this time XD
Enjoying your blog, Gb,
achie

Amy said...

Hey Kev!
Another welcome to the world of blogging x)
I'm glad you had a relaxing Sunday!We all deserve some time off once in a while!To answer your question,I'm the type of person who studies really slowly,to be honest I just found that out this week,if I knew this earlier,I would have started studying before,but I'm trying my best,and hoping God will do the rest =)But I get very nervous,excited and stressed!I usually cry while studying, because I keep imagining myself entering the exam hall and just blanking (yes, it has happened to me before!) But I'm not going to give up,I keep the quote:"The God of Heaven will give us success," stuck on a sticky note on my desk,it helps! Just incase you're wondering that's Nehemiah 2:20 =)
Sorry for the long comment,Keep blogging Kev!
God Bless, Amy =D

maria angela said...

lol i'm a person who spends hours upon hours studying when i'm stressed :S and then end up being restless and bored, so i just have a long break xD but i've started studying for olevels since mocks, but seriously studying 2 wks ago!! nd unfortunately i get some panic attacks lol but o well...i think i'd better go now start studying xD God blss u and thanks for d initiative ekk ^^

Zoe said...

Hehe I just came on my computer to take a break from studying = )
I don't know to tell you the truth really... i see it, better study a lot now and relax when my exams finish (2months left to go hehe)

I'm gettting a migraine even thinking about it actually... = S
Anyway hope you have more sundays like your last one it sounded so peaceful = )

Hehe Gbu Kev x

mc said...

Hey Kev... i put off studying till the very last minute but i dnt rly panic anyway... im quite calm b4 exams... i do have to learn to WAKE UP though :D hehe i have another blog to visit now ;) anyway Gbu
Marie Claire

rache said...

oooooooh how romantic =P
i actually really want to watch that film, must rent it *note to self*
bless you!

Kevin said...

Hey blogger mates! Great to hear about your different characters which reflect on how you tackle your studies! :) Loved Amy's practical way to tackle her fear of going blank in exams - that of keeping a qoute on a sticky note! Keep it up Amy! I love seeing people being so practical with their faith. Thks guys & hope u get inspired reading about JPII.